June 17, 2020
To Neely’s Creek Church Members & Friends,
In-person worship is set to resume at Neely’s Creek this coming Sunday, June 21.
We will have two services. An 8:30 a.m. service will be held in the Family Life Center. An 11:00 a.m. service will be held in the sanctuary. There will be overflow space in the Social Hall for the 11:00 service only. The 11:00 service will be recorded and posted online shortly afterward. Both services will be identical in format.
Our church leadership does understand that some of us will not yet be able to participate in in-person worship. We simply ask that everyone exercise prayerful discretion in deciding when and where (not whether!) they will worship. Those at higher risk of infection or who are exhibiting symptoms of illness are lovingly encouraged to continue to worship from home.
Here are some guidelines and expectations for those who plan to come to church on Sunday:
● Masks . Wearing a mask is strongly recommended . Please bring a mask. Your pastor
will be wearing a mask (well, except while preaching).
● Cleaning . The church will be cleaned & disinfected Saturday in anticipation of your arrival. The church will also be cleaned & disinfected after your departure.
● Nursery . There will be no nursery.
● Sunday School. There will be no Sunday School on campus.
● Arrival . Please come early to avoid unnecessary clustering.
● Seating . The chairs in the FLC will be preset. The pews in the sanctuary will be marked. Ushers will be on hand to assist if needed.
● Singing . We will be singing, though fewer songs and fewer verses. (See “Masks” above.)
● Offering . Offering plates will be placed near the exits.
● Sacraments . Will be observed soon.
Thank you to all who filled out surveys. The results were very helpful to your church leadership. (We apologize that the online Q&A meeting did not happen.) Thank you to the special committee that worked on the phased reopening plan. Thank you to the Deacons and Elders for remaining flexible and prayerful while leading us through difficult circumstances. Thanks to all for your continued prayers, patience and understanding.
Some reminders for us going forward:
● Phases and timelines are subject to change. Church leaders will be continually monitoring developments and will make adjustments as necessary.
● Church buildings remain closed (except for worship) until further notice.
● Jesus loves you.
So do I,